Monday, November 06, 2006

8:30 pace all the way!

Done, Completed, Finished!

Finish time 3:41:02


If you want more info about my pace, click the link above for the official results and type in HENES and my number 9399.

It was a beautiful sunny New York day, around 50 degrees.

I ran with my 8:30 pace group for the first 16 miles, when we seemed to separate a bit. My friend Oscar and I ran together up 1st Avenue, then he picked up the pace and I remained steady at about 8:30 per mile. The final 6 miles were the most challenging, but there were so many spectators along the course, cheering us on, that it provided a constant boost.

Beverly, Natalie & Xavier and "Uncle Greg" used the subway system to move around the course and I was able to see them three times. They were in Brooklyn around mile 11, 1st Avenue at mile 18 and in Central Park at mile 24. I was really happy to see them on the course.

Today's NY Times has a great Marathon section, with a multimedia show. If you get a chance check it out. (Just click on the green words above). There is also the story of Lance Armstrong's experience, who said this is the most challenging athletic event he has ever entered, and he has never been so sore before in his life.

Trust me, I am really sore today too....but it is a good soreness, since the race was successful!

Thank you to every body who supported this effort with good wishes, financial support to Team for Kids, and cheering along the way. It has been a fantastic journey. I really enjoyed running with Team for Kids and made a lot of new friends. If you decide you want to run the NY marathon, I highly suggest joining this group. They will help train you, and you will help kids get involved in a fantastic sport.

Our team will have raised about $2.5 million dollars from this year's marathon.

My supporters helped raise $3,150!

Thank you again to all!


Cheers!

Peers

No comments: